Standard of showing:
- Presentation to be at the discretion of the Owner / Exhibitor, i.e. to be shown to its best advantage at the time of the year - the ideal presentation for a pony is in Summer Coat, but ponies which are either clipped or in heavy coat are not to be debarred from showing.
- Foals of the current season must not be clipped.
- Only financial members of the Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc may compete in Australian Miniature Pony events.
- All handlers must be suitably attired in the ring: NO Thongs, open toed shoes, sneakers, jeans or T-shirts are not acceptable.
- A handler should appear to be in control of their own pony at all times while in the ring, one pony one handler except in the child handler, ridden and harness classes
- All colts and stallions 2 year and over are to be shown correctly bitted and handled by an adult 18 years and over.
- All ponies will be measured on the day of any AMPS® run shows before competing; if ponies are measured over 87cm they will not be able to compete at show on the day. These ponies are not eligible to entry into the Appendix classes on that day they must be officially measured and correctly registered Appendix and provide paperwork before they are eligible for future shows.
- Only registered ponies owned by financial members of the Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc may compete in Australian Miniature Pony events.
- Should a pony be de-registered for exceeding height limitations prior to winning any perpetual trophy, the trophy will then forfeit and the runner up will automatically be declared the winner of that trophy for that year.
- Any Ponies who exhibits signs of injury or sickness will be prohibited from showing.
- Any member has the right to challenge the height of a pony in the Australian Miniature Pony Society.
- For safety reasons Members please refrain from KNEELING DOWN in front of your Pony at a show.
- Appendix Ponies must have a current Appendix Registration Certificate to be eligible to enter the Appendix classes after they have be measured on the day of the show.
- Appendix and AMPS® Classes CANNOT be combined together as per the rules of the constitution.
- Approved Aus / NZ protective headgear must be worn at all times for exercising, ridden and harness classes.
- Driven and Ridden Ponies must be 3 years and over to be exhibited.
If on the day of an Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc. show/event the following things are noted about an Australian Miniature Pony entered or it's handler, it is to be recommended for disqualification in a respectful manner from the show/event under the guidelines of the show/event. If there are no specific guidelines dealing with disqualifications at that show/event, then the steward should be informed by a financial Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc. member of the potential disqualification issue/s and the judge asked to provide a ruling on the issue/s at hand (prior to the Australian Miniature Pony entering the ring).
- Unregistered Australian Miniature Pony.
- Unfinancial handler (handler unable to produce current Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc. membership card/receipt.
- Over height, i.e. over 87cms AMPS® or 91.5cm Appendix (measured on the day of the show by an Australian Miniature Pony Society Inc. measurer).
- Colts/Stallion 2 years and over not bitted (all colts/stallions 2 years and over must be shown in a bitted bridle and handled by an adult).
- Tranquillised Australian Miniature Pony.
- Overshot or parrot mouth in excess of 3mm maximum.
- Monorchids or cryptorchids in stallions.
- Locked stifle, congenital cataract, nasal disease, malformation of genitals.